- All submissions must be in English and previously unpublished. All submissions must be your own original work.
- Submissions should be sent as word or pdf attachments. Do not paste submissions in the message or email field.
- We accept online submissions only. While the magazine accepts unsolicited submissions, it cannot accept responsibility for their loss or damage.
- For Fonts use Times New Roman or Courier New. Set your font size to 12 points.
- Allow at least one inch margins around your page: top, bottom, left and right. The left side of your margins should be straight but allow the right hand margin to be ragged.
- Place your name, telephone number, and email address in the upper left hand corner of the first page. Place an approximate word count on the right hand side of the page.
- The byline is the name that receives credit for the story, poem, or essay. If you want to use a pen name or want your submission to be Anonymous, use that name in the byline.
- Underline any word or phrase that you want to be in italics. Place all dialogue in quotation marks.
- Write the word END after the last line of your story, poem, or essay. This is to ensure your poem, short story, or essay is received in its
- Submit no more than three short stories or six poems per month. Send us your best short stories and poetry 3000 words or less.
- Submit up to 1 essay per month 3000 words or less.
Laurie Boykin, editor
Prose and Rhyme